Saturday 11 July 2009

The highlands.

Her in this blog Iam going to pen down what I experienced as I travelled through Scotland.

My professional work took me to scotland to Bathgate in particular.It is a small place near Edinburgh.
I had the privilege of travelling alone taking in the beauty as I travelled.It is a land of lush meadows with the sheep grazing all over and they all looked like bundles of wool thrown all over.It is spring time so in some places they were covered with yellow flowers.It is a true delight to the eyes. It is like william wordsworth whispering his poem solitary reaper in your ears.you could also say it is like listening to illayaraja's melodies.I was breathless with excitement.I looked out into the open and my heart leaped with joy.My train stopped at Bathgate and I stepped out into the open and the air smelt differently. it had freshness about it. the freshness i longed for and the reason it drove me this far.The station was a small one with just a shelter and it was almost like that of a small bus stand in a remote village in India.I felt like standing there forever embracing the air and the splendid nature around me. I have heard that scotland is beautiful but it took my breath away.T his is paradise for any nature lovers.The lush green meadows the carpet of spring flowers in colours of pink and yellow is by itself a beauty.Now I know why our movie makers show the hero and heroine dancing amidst these lush meadows. It is only to express the joy that they feel in each other's company that is how I felt when i walked through the lush green paradise on earth.

4 comments:

  1. God has weilded His brush and has painted the perfect piture. I am yet to find 'The Daffodils'!

    Latha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aunty, have you been to Wales, it is equally beautiful like Scotland but i think not that beautiful like Scot.. If possible u can come to my place , I will take you around North Wales..... Like those sheep and other animals , we all can be in sync with mother nature!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks vaish.
    I have been to the murugan temple in wales.yes. i loved the place.sure will try to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ur most welcome aunty!!!!!

    ReplyDelete